A Day In A Quarantined Life





The enhanced community quarantine imposed by the government is supposed to end by the 12th of this month. Yet, the number of COVID19 cases continue to escalate. And so, extending it for another two weeks has its advantage and disadvantage. Unfortunately, since the Philippines is not a country like Singapore, most of us see it as a loss on our end because of failing to earn for the family. However, on the bright side, being at home may just be the best way to flatten the curve. It is sad, however, that while information about the benefits of staying at home and keeping a distance from others while in public is a sure way of preventing further spread of the disease, still a lot of people see it from a different light. Instead of reaching out to others and provide help in any form, they continue babbling nonsense online which really doesn’t do any good.


On my end, all I want is for this nightmare to end so we can all get back to our normal lives. Indeed, it has taken a huge toll on the majority of the Pinoys, but we just need to make this sacrifice so that more people can be spared from this fatal disease. It’s a great feeling seeing how others would help the government in sending the primary needs to the less fortunate. And while there is also an ongoing issue regarding who should be receiving the relief goods, I do think that if you feel that you have the means to still feed your family during the entirety of the quarantine, you can also share your blessings. NO PRESSURE! I mean, some people who belong to the CLASS B (just like me) has voiced out their opinions on this stating that they are taxpayers and that they also deserve all the help that they need because most of them are out of work, too. My stand on this, probably the government should also allot a certain amount for these people so that everyone would not feel apprehensive. They feel distressed enough not knowing if they still have jobs to go back to because some companies have been forced to cut their workforce because of a huge loss in business. And so, with that, the government should also have a program that would offer jobs to these people, as well.

We can’t be on our own on this because the disease has affected all of us. With the help of the government and the cooperation of its people, we sure can get back on our feet once the pandemic ends. And I can only pray that the government should be quick in giving their aids to the people to prevent from them being more distraught and to prevent them from thinking of organizing an uproar which could be truly damaging for all of us.


Life at Home with the Family
While there had been a shortage of alcohol, face masks, and disinfectants as soon as the COVID19 was realized to be a worldwide threat, I already had a stock of alcohol in our home mainly because I use it often in cleaning our floor. It has become a habit because I fear of getting really sick. This is why, even if my mom is confined in a hospital, and maintenance personnel often cleans her room, I always clean it again with alcohol, just to be sure. The face masks, I was able to buy a couple of boxes on the day the Taal Volcano erupted. I was able to buy a box of face mask for just Php59.00 via Lazada (or was it Shopee?) And then a couple more boxes when my brother asked me to buy for him so he can bring it to his family in Singapore. Above that, just to be extra sure, I ordered washable face masks from a friend at a very good price.


As soon as I get up in the morning, I tend to my puppies. Yes, my adorable 46-day-old frenchies. After feeding them, I cook breakfast (or brunch) for the family. Having 4 boys and a husband is like feeding an army. They are constantly hungry. So, eggs and ripe bananas have become a staple in the household (my pantawid gutom program) because I wouldn’t want them to be eating as if it were always lunch or dinner time. I rarely buy chips so mostly it was sliced bread and any kind of bread that can be bought from the bakery. But, I do have some canned food just in case, but, they prefer eating eggs over them.


COVID19-free Goal
We can never be sure who or where this virus comes from especially when we exposed ourselves when we go to the supermarket, drugstore, etc. Therefore, to be constantly reading or watching from legitimate sites on how to prevent it from spreading has been a habit. While some may have opted to shut themselves from social media because it gives them too much stress reading the rants and worsening cases of COVID19, I chose to be online and be updated.


Our primary goal these days is to ensure that we keep ourselves COVID19-free. So how does an OC mom do this?


1.     I have put out a mat in front of our gate and right before coming into our house. Made a disinfectant solution and pour it over the mats so that when people come inside, they are to step on the footbath. What I do is mix 5 cupsful of Zonrox to a liter of water, re-soak it or use a container and fill it up with the solution.



2.     In cleaning our floor, I mix 2-3 tbsp. of Zonrox Multi-Clean to a liter of water using a spray bottle. I clean them at least 5 times a day. After that, I use a rag soaked in alcohol, too. This bottle of Zonroz Multi-Clean is good for at least a month's use.

3.     Our doorknobs are one of the most often touched things in the house. So, I never miss spraying it with the disinfectant solution.


4.     The same goes for the light switches, cabinet handles, railings, tables, ref handle, and faucet.


5.     You should also make it a habit to place your keys and coins in a container and spray disinfectant solution over it, as well. With paper bills, I hang them using clothes clip and spray the disinfectant solution on them. Money goes around pretty much and you can never know where it came from. Nothing wrong in being too careful.


6.     Canned goods can also harbor the virus. I spray it with the disinfectant solution and wipe it off with a clean, dry cloth.
7.     It is also a must to hit the shower as soon as anybody gets home and the clothes are washed right after.


8.     Also, I make sure that all shoes and slippers worn outside will be disinfected, as well. Slippers that are often used are left outside of the house.


9.     It is also essential to spray Lysol all over the house, not just to keep it smelling clean, but most importantly to ensure that you can protect your family from viruses and bacteria.

Of course, the best defense from catching the virus ourselves is to wash our hands for at least 20 seconds using antibacterial soap and dry It with a clean towel.


We still have 22 more days before the enhanced community quarantine will be lifted. And I hope by that time COVID19 have completely disappeared in our lives. Praying for our safety! Hold on tight! Everything will be better eventually.


A mom’s work may have been doubled these days, but if it will ensure that it can keep the family healthy, I AM ALL FOR IT! And with that, I deserve this cup of ice cream with wafer sticks and probably a cup of dalgona coffee tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Christmas on a Tight Budget

A Glimpse of Hope

Now Is The Time